cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email, passsword and security question not recognised - Cannot Access Email - URGENT Help please

jax44
Joining in

Hi

I have been having recurrent issues for the last few days being asked to confirm my password (in outlook and on my iphone) and finally directed to reset password in webmail settings.  However, I cannot login to my Virgin Media webmail.  It states my login details are not recognised (I know they are correct) so when I have tried to reset my password it says my security question answer is incorrect (I absolutely know that is correct too).  Please can somebody advise how to address this?  I have searched the forum but can find no helpful answers.

I have several subscription virgin media accounts and separately a virgin.net email address.  It is the latter that I am having the problem with.

Thanks in hope that someone can help urgently.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

Something of a long-shot, but when answering the security questions, type the answers in all in UPPER CASE. This used to be a 'feature' of the password reset system - and may still well be.

Hi Jem101

You're a star, thank you.  That has let me reset my password and login which is great.  However, it now says my mailbox is unavailable and to try again in about 1 hour.  When I was looking on the forum earlier I saw a few of these queries being raised and I'll go back and look through again to see if there were any helpful answers.  In the meantime, have you got any suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help.

Hi again

I have found a solution from another forum post.  It suggested trying to login using a different browser which I have done and that has resolved the problem and I can now access my email.  Thank goodness!!

jem101
Superstar

@jax44 wrote:

Hi

Snip....

I have several subscription virgin media accounts and separately a virgin.net email address.  It is the latter that I am having the problem with.

...Snip

I'm glad you are able to regain access to your accounts but the bit in your post above is somewhat disconcerting. Is the virgin.net account NOT associated with your current broadband subscription with VM? If not then this is regarded as an orphaned account and as such is prone to being deleted at any point.