cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working

Alooon26
Joining in

I cannot access any of my emails, this happened 2 weeks ago, all I get on the Virgin email page if ‘account unavailable’

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alooon26 wrote:

I cannot access any of my emails, this happened 2 weeks ago, all I get on the Virgin email page if ‘account unavailable’

Resetting the password to one you have never used before and then leaving it 30 minutes before you try to access the account often clears that error message.

You can reset  the password for each affected  email account by signing into the "My Virgin Media" Account using its email  address and password via this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  Then click on "Update settings" -  then "Account details" and you will see the option to edit your password.

Alternatively, if you are having problems with the My Virgin Media Account route you can try resetting the password by entering the affected email address here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  and then following the prompts, 

Resetting the password usually restores access but not in every case. If the reset does not work then it may well require action by VM to re-enable the account.

Post back here with how that goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alooon26 wrote:

Resetting the password to one you have never used before and then leaving it 30 minutes before you try to access the account often clears that error message.

You can reset  the password for each affected  email account by signing into the "My Virgin Media" Account using its email  address and password via this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  Then click on "Update settings" -  then "Account details" and you will see the option to edit your password.

Alternatively, if you are having problems with the My Virgin Media Account route you can try resetting the password by entering the affected email address here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  and then following the prompts, 

Resetting the password usually restores access but not in every case. If the reset does not work then it may well require action by VM to re-enable the account.

Post back here with how that goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Alooon26,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

It's great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am sorry to hear you've had some issues accessing your emails. 

Just checking in to see if you tried resetting the password as suggested by Coenoby?

Let us know so we can offer further support if required 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I’ve tried resetting but the system will not accept my birthday and memorable info, tried getting through to VM but just on hold forever 

Hi Alooon26,

Not being able to change your password is a very common problem, join the club. The page has been useless for virgin.net & ntlworld.com email users for over four weeks now to my knowledge. Nobody at VM seems to care or want to fix it. Have a look at the number of threads about this to get a sense of their indifference. It's a strange business model.

All the best,

Mr_Crabbit

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alooon26,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issues with your mailbox access! Thank you for letting us know that you've tried to change your email password without success. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you, so I will send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Many thanks this has worked 👍

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alooon26,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing email issue. 

I'm glad to hear that this problem is now resolved and that you can access your mailbox without issues.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We'll be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team