cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working.

Cuneglasus
Joining in

Since the weekend my old ntl email address is not working. I went online on to the Virginmedia website, logged in to check my email from there and the email section is also not working. So for the last 3 or so days it’s completely dead. So I presume it’s Virginmedia’s end the problem. Is anyone else having problems still? 

Cheers. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cuneglasus
Joining in

Yes, but what was unusual was not being able to retrieve mail from webmail when logging in online this time. The first recommendation is to change email password, which I’ve found in the past isn’t the issue and somewhat of a false positive, but this time it actually resolved the issue! So somehow a fault has occurred with older ntl email addresses whereby the solution is to change passwords! So I’ve no idea why changing my password has cured it this time, when I haven’t needed to in the last 25 years. Maybe a security update that’s been pushed through. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Cuneglasus,

Thanks for your recent posts. I'm really sorry for the issue with you not being able to get into your mailbox recently.

I'm very glad that changing your password has helped with this - this is the first port of call at the moment that we are advising customers to do.

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to drop back and we'd be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide