cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working since Friday through webmail

woodhallm
Joining in

Good day to you

Since Friday I have had no success accessing my email through Virgin Media webmail. Initially it said there was a problem accessing my account, but now, after going through a Technical Support web chat on Friday (reference number P010726182) where we reset the account password, the error on webmail now says

Your e-mail account []@virginmedia.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again.

I have done this, and I have entered the correct password but the problem persists. To be clear, I am able to login to webmail using the password as reset with technical support on Friday, but when I go to "expand" my e-mail folders on the left hand side the error above appears. Can someone please help?

Many thanks

Michael

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kath_F should be able to check the status of the secondary account for you as it seems to be that one that is causing the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

woodhallm
Joining in

Just to confirm that someone on the phone has managed to now sort it for me

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @woodhallm

Thank you very much for coming back to us to let us know that your email is now working again.

I'm pleased to hear that the issue was resolved by a telephone agent 🙂

If you have any further issues please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Serena

can i ask.. do you know how they got this working please? I am having the same issue and VM are being as useful as a chocolate tea pot.. The whole thing is getting on my last nerve  Thanks   

Hi @steve1021 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're unable to access your email address.  Do there steps here not help?

Regards

Lee