cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working since Friday through webmail

woodhallm
Joining in

Good day to you

Since Friday I have had no success accessing my email through Virgin Media webmail. Initially it said there was a problem accessing my account, but now, after going through a Technical Support web chat on Friday (reference number P010726182) where we reset the account password, the error on webmail now says

Your e-mail account []@virginmedia.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again.

I have done this, and I have entered the correct password but the problem persists. To be clear, I am able to login to webmail using the password as reset with technical support on Friday, but when I go to "expand" my e-mail folders on the left hand side the error above appears. Can someone please help?

Many thanks

Michael

14 REPLIES 14

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi woodhallm,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue gaining access to your emails. We can certainly take a look at things for you. 

In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

Thanks for your help so far. We aren't any further yet, but I've sent you a further PM in reply. I have included a screenshot but not sure if you can see it yet. Many thanks

Thank you for letting us know @woodhallm.

Kath will get back to you via PM.

We hope to do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Is there anyone else who can help with this now? I'm getting worried that you have deleted the mailbox from the server.

Hi @woodhallm,

I can see you are currently in PM with my colleague Kath. She is currently working on the issue and I have given her a little nudge for you 😄

Thanks for your patience.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi woodhallm, 

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I snoozed this while waiting for the Moderators to accept your image however by the time that was done I was no longer on shift. 

Based on the image you have sent it looks as though you are using a mail client. There are little bin icons next to your email address so you should be able to click on this to remove the team address and then re-add it to your client. This link should help you do that. Just click here

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

No, the screenshot is from the Virgin Media webmail!

There is no bin next to the first account, it cannot be deleted. The only account I can delete is the second account, which I do not want to as that is the account I want.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@woodhallm wrote:

Hi Kath

No, the screenshot is from the Virgin Media webmail!

There is no bin next to the first account, it cannot be deleted. The only account I can delete in the second account, which I do not want to as that is the account I want.

VM webmail works like an email client when you add additional accounts to it.  Next to the bin icon you should see 'edit'.  click on this and make sure all the credentials for you second account are correct.  If you have changed the password for the second account via your My Virgin Media account you will need to enter the new password for the second account here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your advice Graham, but alas I have already tried this. This account just keeps coming back with "Account is disabled"

I think the issue is that this does not even show as a secondary account under the My Virgin Media accounts page you mention. Perhaps it used to and has been deleted, but I am not sure why. I have only ever had one Virgin account.