cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working in Outlook

lumpylawson
Joining in

My email stopped working on the 16th May. I pick up my mail from both Windows Live Mail via Outlook and via the app on my Virgin mobile. I read a couple of posts on this forum and it suggested changing the passwords for Virgin account and Virgin Email. This resolved the issue with the phone app but not Outlook. This is the error messages Outlook is giving me.

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

Unable to send or receive messages for the Blueyonder (lumpylawson) account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

Can you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing to do is to change your settings to those set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing to do is to change your settings to those set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lumpylawson
Joining in

Thank you. That works perfectly, on the desktop. Will try the laptop now. You are a legend.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lumpylawson,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear that you had these problems with your email service, but I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to get this sorted out thanks to the help of @Graham_A.

If there's anything else that we can assist you with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!