cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not sending attachments

juneeric
Tuning in

I am unable to send emails with attachments, or forward emails that already have attachments to them, from my laptop.  After pressing SEND the following message appears "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request".  Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know hpw to solve it please?

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juneeric wrote:

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to solve it please?

You could try the ctrl shift r.pngshortcut to see if that enables you to send. In most browsers it reloads the current page but ignores any cached content.

Post back the results. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks very much for your suggestion, and trying to help me on this this.  I've just tried it and it closed the window but my email wasn't sent.  Thanks.  Anu more thoughts?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juneeric wrote:

Anu more thoughts?

I have been assuming that you are seeing this error when using the VM Webmail service from the VM website rather than via an email app or client such as Microsoft Outlook but perhaps you could confirm that before we go any further. 😉

If you are using VM Webmail, it might be worth signing in to Webmail via a Private window (if you are using Firefox) or Incognito Mode (in Chrome) or an InPrivate browsing window (in MS Edge) and then trying to send an email with an attachment.  Alternatively you could just try using a different browser to your usual one. That would rule out a possible problem with your browser.

The other thought I have is whether it is an issue with the document you are trying to send. Have you tried sending a small attachment, a one page Word document for example?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thanks for your further thoughts.  Yes, I am accessing the emails through the VM website using Google Chrome.  I have tried using Explorer without success.  The document that I have tried to send to date has been a four page Word one.  I will try other options that you have suggested although I don't know how to access through a private window.  I will keep trying.  Thanks for your continued help.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @juneeric

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are facing sending an attachment via webmail, I'm sorry to hear the email is not sending. May I ask how large the size of the file of the Word Document is? Have you tried sending the attachment page by page in seperate emails?

Also, did you manage to try sending the email via Incognito Mode on Google Chrome?

Kind regards,

Serena

Dear Serena,

The Word document was 11 pages but was not large, approx 720KB.  I've also tried tried single pages, only 25KB, but also without success.

I don't know how to use Incognito Mode on Google Chrome.  Perhaps you can help please. 

I have a separate AOL email account which I use for specific subject matter and this will send emails with attachments without a problem.  So the problem would appear to be with Virgin Media Mail System.

Regards,

Eric

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juneeric wrote:

I don't know how to use Incognito Mode on Google Chrome. 

No problem:

On your computer, open Chrome. 

At the very top right, click on the 3 dots

You will then see a drop down list and one of the options will be "New Incognito Window" and you just click on that

Alternatively you can use a keyboard shortcut to open an incognito window:

Windows, Linux or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n  or on a Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.

Coenoby

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @juneeric,

I can see that @coenoby has given the help on this, have you tried this?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide