cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not downloading

gerryk
Tuning in

Since yesterday afternoon I cannot download my blueyonder/VM emails to Outlook or MS Mail. Can only access email by logging in via VM website. I have not made any changes (everything was working yesterday morning). Help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gerryk  Sometimes the password servers at VM get out of sync.

Try resetting the password for the email account concerned:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gerryk wrote:

I cannot download my blueyonder/VM emails to Outlook or MS Mail.

What error message does Outlook give you when you try to pickup your email?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

It says "Send/Receive error" and when I click on this it says that synchronizing for my email address produced error code 0x800CCC0E. It also says that it cannot connect to the server. As I said, everything worked yesterday morning then stopped working during the afternoon and I haven't changed anything.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gerryk  Sometimes the password servers at VM get out of sync.

Try resetting the password for the email account concerned:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks very much, Graham - that worked for Outlook. I'll try it now with MS Mail.