Menu
NollaigO
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Email not being received

Since early July I am not receiving emails from certain addresses. 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email not being received

@NollaigO wrote:

I am not receiving emails from certain addresses. 

Have you checked to see if someone has set up any filter rules in your Webmail account to divert specific incoming emails away from your Inbox? That's a possibility especially if those "certain addresses" are those relating to your online accounts such Amazon, Ebay or other financially sensitive sites.

1) Sign in to your Webmail account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

2) When you are signed in click the system menu icon (the 3 horizontal bars on the right side of the menu bar)

3) click Settings.

4) Expand the E-mail options.

5)  Select Filter Rules.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
NollaigO
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that detailed and very clear reply.
I carried out the recommendation but the Filter page had no content.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@NollaigO wrote:

Thank you for that detailed and very clear reply.I carried out the recommendation but the Filter page had no content.

No problem, that's one possible reason off the list. 😉

If the "certain addresses" you referred to earlier are those relating to your online accounts such Amazon, Ebay or other financially sensitive sites then the next step would be to log into each of those accounts and check that all is well with them. It could be that the contact email address has been amended by hackers / scammers so they (or email accounts they control) are getting your emails instead of you.

Also you could check the Blacklist in your VM Webmail account. Follow steps 1 to 4 in my previous post and then click on 'Blacklist'.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
PhilB9
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having same problem, and have tried checking the filter settings, inc. the blacklist, but this has not resolved the issue.

I have another account with another ISP, and that is working fine with this particular sender - not a company, but a private individual.

I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that the unreceived emails are coming from a '.com' account? In any case, they are not in Spam or Junk folders...

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@PhilB9 wrote:

I am having same problem,........ not a company, but a private individual.

The first thing is to check with the sender to see if they are getting an error "message undeliverable" email message back when they try to send to your Virgin Media address. If they are, then what reason is being given for being unable to deliver it?

The fact the sender has a.com address is not an issue.

Coenoby

0 Kudos
PhilB9
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I have sent request for info as you suggest...

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@PhilB9 wrote:

Thank you - I have sent request for info as you suggest...

Great.

In the meantime, out of interest,which email service are they using?

Don't post the senders full address, it's the part after the @ symbol that is of interest. So is it a well known provider such as @gmail.com or @btinternet.com for example, or is it a private (i.e.the sender's own) domain name?

Coenoby

0 Kudos
PhilB9
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It is an address that ends @haslemere.com, and they are not receiving any 'message undeliverable' - type message back.

I have a 'Talktalk' email account, too, and they are sending messages to both accounts, but only the Talktalk ones are getting through.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@PhilB9 wrote:

It is an address that ends @haslemere.com, and they are not receiving any 'message undeliverable' - type message back.

I have a 'Talktalk' email account, too, and they are sending messages to both accounts, but only the Talktalk ones are getting through.

I have just realised that you have never said whether you have checked the "Filter Rules" as I advised NolliagO back in the second post on this thread.

Here is a reminder:

1) Sign in to your Webmail account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

2) When you are signed in click the system menu icon (the 3 horizontal bars on the right side of the menu bar)

3) click Settings.

4) Expand the E-mail options.

5)  Select Filter Rules.

If you have any filters set I would advise temporarily disabling them to see if that allows any new messages from the sender to appear.

Coenoby

0 Kudos