cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not available

mtennant
Dialled in

I have a rather complicated situation. My email on my Apple devices is neither coming in or going out.  It says that blueyonder is offline. Or to check that the user name and password are correct in IMAP and SMTP. This just happened last night.

Thinking to check my Virgin account, the message said that email is currently unavailable. It is locked or the account is not active. It is a while since I have checked email via the Virgin site so have no idea how long this has been going on for.

I tried following instructions on the above page to get a new password but got code API03 and DEF01. I have 3 Apple devices and have managed to log out of Virgin of 2 but cannot from the oldest IPad.

I am going round in circles, not knowing if the fault lies with Virgin initially or Apple but I cannot access or send email any way.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I am an older person who is not very technically minded,

10 REPLIES 10

SuzyB3
Settling in

I have had the same problem, saying it is currently unavailable.  It wants me to reset password, but I cant access my email to do this.  Then it says about setting up a third party password for accessing via different apps.  I had to change my login in email address to do this, i got an email to verify and clicked the link and tried to sign in and it says my email isn't verified.  So now i cant do it again as already requested. So I'm stuck.  

I'm not technical either, Do you know if we can contact Virginmedia  and speak to a human? I cant find a phone number

mtennant
Dialled in

I posted yesterday but had no useful responses. My email account has been blocked, though I have a long standing package with the company. i cannot access or send emails . I have tried everything suggested but nothing works,   I started following instructions for the page saying email is blocked but am going round in circles with that. Even my personal details were not recognised when I was trying to change password.

I can get into my billing etc.

I would appreciate it if a Moderator was able to look at this and help sort it out. I cannot get mail either on my iPad or on VM webpage.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mtennant The VM Forum Team staff should pick this up tomorrow.  Whilst waiting I suggest that you revoke the helpful answer that you gave to the first reply as this has marked your issue as solved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Which one would that be to be revoked ? My second post or the ones from Suzy B3?

And how can I revoke it???

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mtennant,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

No response from moderator so far. Getting a bit desperate. Any suggestions for pushing the post forward??

gareth170
Up to speed

same problem here. i called virgin today and that was a waste of 2 hours, all they kept doing was resetting my virgin media account password, not my virgin media mailbox account password

Hey mtennant,

I have responded and sent a private message over to you around 30 minutes ago. Please can you respond to my private message and we can get this looked into?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L