cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not available

GordonFVMC
Joining in

When I try to access my Blueyonder email account I am told that the service is not available and to try again in 2 hours. That has been happening all day today. What is going on?

5 REPLIES 5

WelshGasman
Superfast

Hopefully you are still a VB customer, else the rest is not applicable to you, and you have likely lost your account forever, due to a recent cleanup.

Happening to lots of people.

Here is my boilerplate reply for this.

Your account will likely have been locked or disabled more than likely.
They will send you an email about it, but as you have had the account locked/disabled, you obviously will not receive it?

Mine was disabled this morning. The other week it was locked for suspicious activity.

You will need to call Virgin and get hold of Email support to get it unlocked or enabled.

I suspect they will be pretty busy due to all these accounts being locked/disabled regularly, so you might wait a while, but you do need to speak to a human being.

There is a sticky about this as the first thread, that does state you can do it from your account, by changing the password?

If you do call Virgin, apparently you have to wait 10 mins to access your mail?, I waited 20 and still not working.? Login and try changing the password yourself.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

HTH

That should be VM customer, but this site does not have an edit option? 👿

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WelshGasman wrote:

That should be VM customer, but this site does not have an edit option? 👿

The edit post option is available under the post options tab for 30 minutes after posting.

Currently the option can be hard to see as it is white text on a pink background.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Test for edit

So it does, and I agree, it is VERY hard to see 😞
Thank you Graham.

Once the edit period is over the next option, gets the same treatment? 😞

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello GordonFVMC,

Sorry to hear of the email access issues, we have help here that may help resolve the issue. It's the same link offered by WelshGasman.

It may also be that if you no longer have active Virgin Media services the email address has now been closed. This is advised to take place within 90 days of the disconnection date of the services and is outlined here but can take longer to be actioned.

Rob