cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - lost a month of emails

ianjayne
Rising star

I'm having issues retrieving my Blueyonder webmails.  I seem to have lost a whole month from 16/1/22 to 17/2/22.  Not only that I can't go back any further than 16/1/22. It matters not what platform I use. My other halfs Virgin web mails are fine.

Any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

15 REPLIES 15

m00g
Superfast

Yes heres an idea, get a better email service.

Virgin seem to be systematically destroying access to emails.

Paid for services are far better than this but then even Outlook and Gmail aout perform VM.

Thanks that’s really helpful!

Glad to help 🙂

Oh the sarcasm failure!

@ianjayne it isn’t clear from your post but have you checked the mailbox via the webmail platform? If you have and the emails aren’t there, then it is almost certain that, for whatever reason, those emails have been deleted and as VM don’t maintain backups, then they won’t be recoverable.

Jem

Quite!

I was using the VM webmail platform.  I’ve not deleted anything, why would I ?   It can only be VM. I’m going to interrogate my back up systems tomorrow. Not sure if they store web mail though. Luckily I did download and print some important documents received 10/2/22. 

Yes sarcasm, the lowest form of wit!

Now having checked my other platforms I note all previous emails with the exceptions of the missing ones, just10 days from 7/2/22 - 17/2/22 and not a month as above which is on web mail and different for some reason! - (I think the answer's 'a lemon' ) are there, those 2 platforms are Outlook and Mail app. My back ups both a remote one and web do not store emails as far as I can ascertain only documents and photos.  I've never heard of one which does.

Just found out my Memeo will back up emails. Just wasn't set to. Grr!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ianjayne,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear you've lost emails with us.

Unfortunately if they are lost we wouldn't be able to retrieve them.

Can I ask whether the other platforms bar our webmail are now showing the correct amount in your inbox?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Karen

No they are lost on my other platforms too. Just the same.