cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email logged out

Jamesmajor19373
Tuning in

Hello, I went to go on the Apple mail asI usually do, it is an old virgin mail account however still worked, and was met with this notice, anyone know how this is fixable as this is my main email and without I am unable to do many of my usual everyday activities?

7554b881-5850-484c-ac9e-4881afa67851.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jamesmajor19373  Provided that the email account concerned is properly connected to your current VM broadband account then there shouldn't be a problem getting it unlocked, although if it needs a referral to the IT team it could take up to five working days.  Remember that this is a long bank holiday weekend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The usual fix for this is to change the VM Mail password for the email address concerned:

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

Enter the new App password into the password field of you Apple Mail app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Jamesmajor19373
Tuning in

hello, I appreciate your efforts to help but this has not been successful, is there anything else I could try?

The email in question was also recently hacked, so I am wondering if my account has been suspended to suspicious activity?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What, if any error message do you get when accessing the email address via VM webmail? https://mail.virginmedia.com/

If the account has been locked by security it can take up to an hour to unlock after a password reset.

Jamesmajor19373
Tuning in

IMG_5148.png

It comes up with this error 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I guessed it would.  If it doesn't unlock an hour after changing the password post back and the VM Forum Team staff will need to help you further.

Ok thanks, so do I just go back to that page in an hour and if it comes up with the same message I come back here?

Hello, so it has been an hour since I reset the password and still no luck, I have tried logging in through my mail app on iPhone and it is still showing this message 

IMG_5149.jpeg

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes.