cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email locked changed password still locked

lewisp91
Up to speed

I got a spammy looking Renault from vm. I can't get email from work since. I followed all the help instructions. 

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@lewisp91 wrote:

I got a spammy looking Renault from vm. I can't get email from work since. I followed all the help instructions. 

What did the Renault say? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @lewisp91,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say Renault, please can you clarify?

Regards,

Steven_L

It's obviously a typo and seeing vm dont allow editing of posts i didn't correct it. Funny the new password was limited to 8 chars so it's hackable

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lewisp91 wrote:

It's obviously a typo and seeing vm dont allow editing of posts i didn't correct it. Funny the new password was limited to 8 chars so it's hackable

There is a 30 minute edit window for posts.  Still wondering what you meant to type that got changed to Renault?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

'Funny the new password was limited to 8 chars so it's hackable'

any password length is hackable. it is at what point the hacker gives up. 

Renualt is obviously a typo for email

I sujjest if it is so impor@nt to you you re reed mi korrectD emale

Also u kud gooogal thee wurd "politeness" or "courteous"

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Disregarding the typo entirely, your first post made so sense. No-one could know what was in the email you received. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Your Virgin Media Account number: 26 - [REMOVED]
Our reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F009627283

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

Dear Mr Lewis,

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

a. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
b. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes.

Please ensure that the above points have been completed to prevent your mailbox from being locked again.

More help and support

For extra advice, or to double-check that this is a genuine Virgin Media communication, head to our community at virginmedia.com/community, click 'Help forum' and join the conversation on the Security Matters board.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]