cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email locked after VM Account Closed

Skeldano
Joining in

Hi, 

Had an NTL / VirginMedia account for 20+ years but had to close the account when moving to a new house off the network.

Before leaving I had created email addresses for my kids. After working fine for the last 20mins my sons has stopped working, just when we’re waiting on Uni and Job applications!!

it appears the password is locked out, can’t reset it as no VM account login any more.

Desperately need to unlock this email if only to move it to a new provider.. any advice gratefully received??

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Skeldano
Joining in

Sorry typo in my post …. should read worked fine for 20 months (not mins!)

thanks

Unfortunately, I don’t think this is going to be possible. Use of any of the VM branded email addresses is conditional on you have a live broadband account with them. Once you leave, all of the mailboxes should be deleted after 90 days although sometimes, as you have seen, this isn’t done on time and they linger on but are always prone to being deleted at any point.

I fear that this is what has happened to yours, it has either been deleted or has been locked in preparation to be deleted.

In the past, there were cases of the forum staff here intervening and managing to get the mailbox unlocked on a strictly temporary basis to give the customer a chance to copy out anything they want to keep, setup an alternative email address with another company and inform contacts of the change of address. However more recently, it seems that VM’s backend IT people will no longer do this for ex-customers, presumably a change in company policy.

I expect that a member of the forum team will get to this thread in a day or so and reply to either confirm this or to take further details from you to see if there is anything that can be done. But I do have to be honest and advise that the chances are not good.

Virgin Team - Urgent Request 

Can one of the Team please contact me to sort this issue out please?

After being a customer for over x20 years this is very frustrating?!

Always intended to switch back if I move to an area covered again but unlikely now if this can’t be resolved?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Skeldano, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you've lost access to your emails.

I'm going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details to see if I can help further, but I do offer no guarantees unfortunately but I'll do my best for you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and arrive when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W