cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email layout

DancinDiva
Up to speed

The layout of my web based VM emails has changed in the past 24 hours - both the main page with all of the folders inbox and for individual emails.

Is this just ntlworld customers and/or one of the VM  'upgrades' that I haven't been notified about?  

10 REPLIES 10

Images in email

I do block images which can contain hidden data in emails, I only show an image if the sender is trusted.

The email settings can usually be set not to load images or html or external content, images can also be blocked in most browsers but this can stop the webpage working but is one way to block images but very restrictive.

Some emails can contain embedded images which might bypass image blocking and contain base 64 encoding, each email provider has different rules, so an image can pop up when you do not expect one.

Triangle warning-insecure sites- failure to connect, this can sometimes be due to using old out of date operating systems no longer supported and they refuse to connect saying insecure, I get this with android but it is down to the browser, the Firefox browser usually has no problems when chrome will not connect properly, Firefox is more forgiving but it only happens with specific websites and browsers, I have had it with virgin on old android or old windows versions, the website may not want to connect properly for that reason.

Windows 10 /11 should work fine which I am using. Amazingly I still have an old windows XP computer that will still read my virgin emails but it just an unused spare computer now.

alf28