cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email keeps locking me out

Warblers01
On our wavelength

Every few weeks, I'm unable to access my Virgin Mail. On the VM browser, it says 'mailbox unavailable' and on Outlook (PC and app) it says 'update failed' and I need to re-enter my password. I managed to get around this before by resetting my password via virginmedia.com but now that's not working. I need to access my ntlworld emails and it's getting very tedious having to reset it every few weeks - please can VM sort this?!

5 REPLIES 5

WelshGasman
Superfast

If it does not work, then you will need to ring virgin.

Don't take it out on the poor sod that answers though, it is not their fault. They are just getting all the flak. 😞

Thanks, will do. (I'm never rude to call centre peeps, I promise!) 😊

Hi Warblers01

Can we please ask how things are now 

I know we had an estimated fix time of 1.30pm today

If its still not working, try a password reset to one you haven't used before 

Wait 30 minutes and log back in 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I changed my password twice again yesterday (the system kept kicking me out on Outlook and on the VM mail browser). No issues since yesterday afternoon but is it an ongoing problem or has it been fixed now? Thanks!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Warblers01, if you're still having issues accessing an email account - please try resetting the password for the mailbox (via your online account http://virg.in/myVM) to something new/never used before - then wait 10mins before trying to sign in again. It's also recommended you run virus/malware checks on all associated devices. Let us know if that helps.

Tom