cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email keeps defaulting to OX

johnblakemore
On our wavelength

I use Chrome to access my Virgin media emails, but recently it keeps defaulting to OX.

What is this & should it be happening?

John

17 REPLIES 17

Client62
Legend

OX Browser is an web browser app for Android phones & tablets, if it was recently installed it may have become the default web browser.

If you don't want the OX Browser uninstall the app,     ( via Settings >>> Apps )

then find Chrome in the list of apps and reset it as the Default browser app

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnblakemore wrote:

I use Chrome to access my Virgin media emails, but recently it keeps defaulting to OX.

What is this & should it be happening?

John

OX app suite is the underlying platform that Virgin Media Mail runs on.  If you are seeing the blue OX mail screen rather than the tailored VM interface this usually indicates a corrupt browser cache or cookie.  Clearing the browser cache and deleting relevant cookies usually resolves the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Cant fond OX in my Apps but have confirmed Chrome as my default.

I have also cleared cache and cookies.

Hope this solve the problem.

Thanks.

Hi @johnblakemore

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear of your email concerns. I can see that the community and VIP has since helped you troubleshoot and hopefully resolve this issue. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you have any further issues at all. We'll be here to support if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi
Just gone into my Virgin emails on Chrome and up came OX again?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue persist when using browser's Incognito mode; press Ctrl + Shift + N to access mode?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

The more I read the more I think my initial take on this was not correct.

I am reading that OX is the email system that Virgin Media use and that OX is what is seen when the VM branding fails to kick in.

Now I've been wrong on this once ... so take it with a pinch of salt !

I will check and let you know. It may be a little while as it doesn’t happen all the time.
John

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses johnblakemore,

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

Take care,

Kain