Menu
JuliaBarritt
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked

I have an old ntl email account that I need to delete as it has been hacked. I have had several fradulent activities on my bank account due to this and have changed over to a new email address but still receiving worrying emails on ntl address. I cannot log in to virgin as I no longer have an account with them and they don't recognise any details I input. I just want to delete old email completely so these hackers can leave me alone as quite honestly it's pretty awful.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked

As you are no longer a Virgin customer, you will have to wait for a member of the Forum Team (VM employees) who can completely delete the email address in question, so that no one can use it again.  This should have happened 90 days after your account closed, but the backend systems did not always get updated.

They may take about a week to reach this thread and will contact you by private message to take your personal details.  So be patient.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to flag this to the @ModTeam

While ordinarily I'd like to leave posts like these I'm mindful that the OP's bank account has been targeted so I'd like this seen to sooner if possible.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JuliaBarritt,

I shall get the account removed for you. Just reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right) with the requested information and I'll progress this.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All sorted - email address has shuffled off its mortal coil...

Jen
Forum Team