Menu
72rach
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked

I have a ntl world email account that has been hacked. We can't log in to it anywhere to change the password.

I've rang & sent the report form to virgin media but it's still happening can anyone help?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked

@72rach wrote:

I have a ntl world email account that has been hacked. We can't log in to it anywhere to change the password.

Assuming that you are a current VM broadband account-holder...

Using your Primary email account details to log in, you should be able to change your Primary email account password at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view and you should be able to change any Secondary email account password at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers

If your email account has been compromised, you should delete any unauthorised webmail auto-forwarding and follow all of the advice at https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

If you can't get in, let us know.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi 72rach,

Did you follow the advice offered by SDC? If you did but still require assistance please update on here. We'll then send a private message to obtain some details and get this sorted out for you.

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
72rach
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ntl world email

I've had my ntl world email hacked. Tried to call virgin media & they are saying to change the password but we can't as can't log in to it. Any help would be appreciated as they are doing alsorts with the email.

0 Kudos
72rach
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

We are still struggling please can you help!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@72rach wrote: We are still struggling please can you help!!

Jen will only be able to help you if you are still a Virgin Media Broadband customer.

We know that you have an Ntlworld email account but are you a VM broadband customer?

Coenoby

Edited to add, you would be best advised to mark Jen's post as still unsolved. Marking it as 'A Helpful Answer' also marked the thread as being solved which it  clearly is not. It's just the way the forum software works I'm afraid.

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntl world email

@72rach wrote:

I've had my ntl world email hacked. Tried to call virgin media & they are saying to change the password but we can't as can't log in to it. Any help would be appreciated as they are doing alsorts with the email.

If you are unable to log into your primary My Virgin Media account because of this then use the Forgotten Password option on the sign in page to regain access.

Then follow all the advice given here: What-to-do-if-you-think-your-email-account-has-been-accessed-by-someone-else

If you cannot gain access via the forgotten password route then you will need to call in again and they will change the password for you following security checks.

Edit: Just noticed you have another thread open already on this same issue: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-hacked/m-p/3848725#M163755

Please stick to one thread per issue, it helps the community greatly.  I have merged the threads to prevent further confusion

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
72rach
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes we are still a virgin media customer do hopefully Jen will be able to help 

0 Kudos
72rach
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I'm new to this & not got a clue what I'm doing.

coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@72rach wrote:

Yes we are still a virgin media customer do hopefully Jen will be able to help 

Ok thanks for that. It would have been better not to have started another thread though, it confused me!

Also, please note what I added in red in my last post about unflagging the helpful post.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos