cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked

Janetl1
Joining in

My password has been changed due to my email address being hacked. What can I do? I now can't access the account. 

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Janetl1 wrote:

What can I do? I now can't access the account. 

.Have you tried resetting your password? Enter your full VM email address as your user name and then follow the prompts https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password 

If that does not allow you to regain access your best bet is to wait for one of the Forum Team to pick up on this thread.  If you are still a Virgin Media broadband customer they can arrange for your account to be unlocked.

The Team will contact you in the next day or so and take your details via the Forum Private Message (PM} facility  but please post back in the meantime to let us know whether the password reset worked,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Janetl1.

Welcome top our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear your account was hacked. We can understand you concern and want to do our best to help.

I have been unable to access your account via forum details. Was the great advice given by @coenoby useful? Have you been able to change the account and gain access since posting? Also when did this take place?

Please get back to us as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I'm not sure when it was. I tried checking my emails on the 02/08 and it said I was locked out.  There was the unusual activity logged on my face book account. 

This is an old email account as I haven't been with virgin media for years. I am worried about this though. 

Hi Janetl1

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am sorry to hear of this. I'll be able to see what I can do via PM

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Screenshot_20210815-020250_Email.jpg

 this is all I can see. And no, I haven't recently changed my password. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Janetl1 wrote:
I haven't recently changed my password. 

So, I'll repeat what I said in my first reply a week ago:

"Have you tried resetting your password? Enter your full VM email address as your user name and then follow the prompts https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password "

If you are able to change the password that may well enable you tor regain access to the account without any action from the Forum Team.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Janetl1,

I am so sorry to hear you've been having these problems with your email service recently.

I can see that @coenoby has suggested that you attempt to reset your password to see if this helps. Have you tried this yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!