cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email error - Your mailbox is not available at the moment

WHITELIONX
On our wavelength

Am I the only one who can't access my emails or is it something that VM are aware of?

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WHITELIONX wrote:

Am I the only one who can't access my emails or is it something that VM are aware of?

I apologise but I had to laugh at that simply because this email forum has been close to melt down for the last couple of weeks due to the number of people reporting that "mailbox unavailable" error.  So, to be serious, no, you are definitely not the only one!

The advice from Virgin Media on how to regain access to your account is posted here   https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Read through that for the full details but to sum up it says:

• Before resetting the password you need to do a full antivirus scan on all devices that you use to access your email
  • Then you should change the email password to one you have never used before (the above link tells you how to do that)
  • Then wait 30 minutes before trying to access the email.

If after doing that you still get the same "Mailbox unavailable" error then post back here because it will need action by VM to unlock the account.   One of the Forum team (VM employees who support this forum) will take it up on your behalf.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anti virus scan on a brand new PC? Okay then I'll do that and thank you for the link 🙂

I changed the password and am now presented with a http error 400 when trying to access the email lol

Okay it worked and thank you again for the link 🙂

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WHITELIONX 

Thanks for coming back with the good news.

BTW in your first post you never mentioned it was a brand new pc 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Glad to hear that your issues have now been resolved, please let us know if you have any further issues with your services.

Regards,

Steven_L