cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email disabled

mclintonjames
Joining in

Hi

My wifes email stopped working last Thursday. It seems the account has now been disabled or locked.We are not able to reset the password. 

We have tried the helpdesk several times.

The email wasn’t the primary email account, but linked email account.

We have a live broadband account.

Can you please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the email address concerned is a secondary account on your primary account you should be able to change the password by following these instructions:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Why were you not able to reset the password?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mclintonjames

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Were you able to follow Graham's instructions in how to sort this out?

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

thanks for your post.

Yes we have managed to change the password, however still don’t have access.

We phoned 150 again today, & given another ticket, this is our third. We’ve been told it may take 3 days to get looked at.

My wife has had no email since 22nd October, and this is her sole email.

The call centre said there is an ongoing wider issue of accounts being locked, so this may be the cause.

Best Regards,

Hi @mclintonjames,

Apologies for the delayed response. Is this issue ongoing today? You'll need to make sure you've changed the password to something unique and wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password before trying it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Yes still have the issue, We have changed the password twice. 

When we try to get access, it says we do not recognise the user name or password. 

Will try once more. 

thanks

Hi mclintonjames,

Just checking in to see if the email issue has been resolved since your last post? Let us know if you need us further 🙂

Rob

Hi Robert,

Yes my wife still has no access to email.

We have raised at least 3 tickets with the technical team, spoken to countless members of the helpdesk and was told someone from the relevant team would call us.

I’d appreciate any further help, even if it’s just to get the tickets prioritised.

This is a main sole email account, used for over 20 years and is used for both business and personal use.

many thanks

Hi mclintonjames

Thanks for coming back to us.

I shall PM you now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill