cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email deactivated

ajhatcher64
Joining in

Hi

my partners virgin media.com email has been deactivated without any warning. I have spoken to many virgin media staff and had responses that it will be back on in an hour, I’ve raised a ticket and it will be resolved in upto 5 days. Then today when I rang for an update. It’s been turned off and that’s it ! Weren’t informed sorry about that, but it’s still turned off !!

how can this be right ? 

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ajhatcher64,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're email address has been address has been deactivated. As our valued member @dannylau has already asked, do you have an active broadband account with us currently?

If you have disconnected your account, you have 90 days to move all your emails from your Virginmedia.com email address to an alternative email address. After 90 days your email address will be deactivated and no longer in use.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per the terms and conditions you must have a virgin broadband service to keep your email address, virgin are deleting all orphan accounts 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

albob
Superfast

Have read of the last post by JWalters in this thread -- which is interesting, as it seems the poster was able to get their account 'resurrected' on a temporary basis...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Net-address-has-disappeared-after-20-years/td-p/48...

Hi ajhatcher64,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're email address has been address has been deactivated. As our valued member @dannylau has already asked, do you have an active broadband account with us currently?

If you have disconnected your account, you have 90 days to move all your emails from your Virginmedia.com email address to an alternative email address. After 90 days your email address will be deactivated and no longer in use.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Yes have current account, email was orphaned but have tried to add it to current account

Apologies for the confusion ajhatcher64, by current account, do you mean you still have active services with us?

Rob

Yes 

Hi @ajhatcher64

So we can best assist you, is both old and new account holders (of the cable account) in the same name?

If not, the best way to do the move and transfer would be to call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 with both people present. If a ticket has been raised previously, then you'll be contacted by that agent regarding the outcome.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

We’ve been onto Virgin customer helpline so many times ! Still nothing has changed 🙁

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ajhatcher64 wrote:

Yes have current account, email was orphaned but have tried to add it to current account

Just to be clear you can't add an email to your account, you can move the email to it but all other emails associated with that account would be deleted 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks