cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - connection error this service is not available right now retry

Hudz750
On our wavelength

when i try to access my email through the Virgin media site I get a blue screen "connection error this service is not available right now retry" this has been happening for a few weeks, I usually access me emails through mail for windows, but this only allows a limited amount, it doesn't allow me to view older emails.

any idea what the issue is?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hudz750 wrote:
"connection error this service is not available right now retry"

Sounds like a corrupt cookie stored in the browser you are using. You can check that by:

1. Accessing the VM website using a different browser or..
  2. Try using a private or incognito window in your existing browser. Depending on which browser you use you can open a private or incognito browser window by using the keyboard shortcut combination Ctrl-Shift-N or Ctrl-Shift-P

Both 1) and 2) will result in the browser downloading a fresh copy of the necessary cookies. So if the website works ok you know it's corrupt cookie stored in your existing browser. The final step will then be to delete the VM cookies from your existing browser and you can then go back to using the standard browser window.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hudz750 wrote:
"connection error this service is not available right now retry"

Sounds like a corrupt cookie stored in the browser you are using. You can check that by:

1. Accessing the VM website using a different browser or..
  2. Try using a private or incognito window in your existing browser. Depending on which browser you use you can open a private or incognito browser window by using the keyboard shortcut combination Ctrl-Shift-N or Ctrl-Shift-P

Both 1) and 2) will result in the browser downloading a fresh copy of the necessary cookies. So if the website works ok you know it's corrupt cookie stored in your existing browser. The final step will then be to delete the VM cookies from your existing browser and you can then go back to using the standard browser window.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hudz750

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues accessing your email through our site. 

Are you able to confirm if you have tried the suggestions posted coenoby?If so, has this helped at all? 

If not, please do let us know and if possible provide a screenshot (excluding personal information) with the issue. 

Thank you 

Nat