cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email closed without warning

PaulBart
Joining in

I too have been using my virgin.net email for twenty years when it was closed last Friday without warning.

I have now lost many years of important emails and there does not appear to be any notification to others that I am not receiving their emails.

I have used this address to move to a "paperless" management of my affairs which is now difficult to recover from.

Is there anyone at virgin media that can give me some temporary access to transfer everything?

Any assistance will be gratefully received.

Thank you

Paul

5 REPLIES 5

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

When Virginmedia media sold their dial up service to Talk Talk everybody was sent an email to says that the Virgin.net emails will be removed 1 year after the move, this has now long passed and I am afraid that there is nothing Virginmedia can do apart from making sure that the mail address is fully deleted, to be able to use a Virginmedia email address you have to be a Virginmedia Broadband user, written in the T&C when you close your account email would be removed after 90 days.

If an email address has been deleted due to the GDPR law it cannot be retrieved or recreated.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media never sold the dial up service.  That was closed around 2013.  Most virgin.net accounts stem from dial up days and should have closed 180 days after dial up closed.

They sold off the ADSL service to TalkTalk - As @DJ_Shadow1966 says - customers who moved their ADSL to TalkTalk were warned that the address woud cease to exist after 12 months as opposed to the normal 90 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @PaulBart,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on here.

I can take a look into this to find out what has happened to the email address, I will need to take some information via a private message, so that I can look into this further but this is not a guarantee that we can re-activate your mailbox

I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @PaulBart.

I have looked into your account and unfortunately we can no longer access your mailbox as it has been removed from the email server and our systems, we would also not be able to let you retrieve any mails from this mailbox. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for trying Steven