cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email cannot get in

Barbraella
Superfast

I cannot get into my email account, all okay yesterday....Virgin locked me out !!!   very important I get in as my Gas/electricity has been taken over and I do not know who has it now....urgent !!!!   no use trying to emali me as I cannot get in..VERY URGENT HELP

10 REPLIES 10

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Barbraella wrote:

VERY URGENT HELP

I am assuming that you are seeing the "Mailbox unavailable.......try again in an hour" error message when you try to sign in to your email account on the Virgin Media website.

If that is the case try unlocking the account yourself by following the advice from Virgin Media here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good morning and thank you so much for replying to my cry for help.😉

I have my email back now, but it took 4/5 phone calls to virgin IT help before I could get it back,this was over 3 days... when the last lady got it back for me it was done in minutes !!! all the other people said it may take 4/5 days to get it sorted.

My Virgin Mail is like a huge filing cabinet for me, and I was so so worried, especially with my energy supplier going bust and another, who I did not know then was taking over... I had so many sleepless nights... I still do not know why they shut me down.

One of my friends suggested going to Webmail to find my messages, I tried that, but that needed a password...I tried my virgin mail password, but that didn't work...now I am so worried this will happen again.

Thank you so much for that link, I will keep that safe.

Kindest wishes

Barbara

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Barbaraella

Thanks so much for coming back to us, so when you say the virgin mail password doesn't work - how do you mean? Can you access the email?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good morning Travis,

I can access my email now, thank you, but it took me 4 days to get it open again...I do not know why, but my virgin email was blocked, I could not access at all.. I phoned Virgin media 5 times, each time was told someone was 'looking in to it' but my email is so vital to me, I have so many documents saved, no one could give me an answer why it was blocked to me... I had not changed my password, and I have been with Virgin, well, before Virgin took over NTL so many many years...the last lady I spoke to I said I must have my email up and running, I was not sleeping at night with the worry of it...she then told me to key in something in my browser, and up it came.......wow... what a relief, but I am so scared this will happen again.... I hold my breath each time I open up my laptop.

Do you have any idea what could have caused this ?

Thank you for looking at my message.

Barbara 🤗

Barbara, are you a current Virgin Media broadband customer?

John

Hi John

Yes,I have been with Virgin media for years, I have home phone, broadband, Tivo Box etc., was with NTL when Virgin took it over, my email address is B........xxxxxx@ntlworld.com

That is why I have so much information in my virgin email.

I have really good Anti virus, (Eset ) & Malware programs that runs continually, and every hour get results from scans. I am extremely careful too, never take chances, only open mail that I know for sure is secure.

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Barbara 🤗

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Barbraella,

Thanks for your reply, glad its all working. We do not have the info as to why this was flagged up. 

Zoie

I do not believe this....I have been locked out of my email again.

I am sick & tired of this !!!!!! just over a week ago I got MY VIRGIN EMAIL back afterdays without it...now gone again and I cannot get anyone on the phone from Virgin to speak to me.

WHAT IS GOING ON.....WHAT SERVICE AM I PAYING FOR !!

SOMEONE PLEASE SORT THIS !!

Yep a recurring issue that is so common on this forum it must have been caused by and not resolved by Virgin Media