cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email box unavailable

alienor
Dialled in

My husband regularly has problems accessing his email on his mobile phone (secondary account from mine) getting this message '

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.'.

He has reset his password and done a virus scan. Still unable to access email. Who do we phone. When we dial 150 and select option 2 as directed, all they do is check the broadband connection. That is not the issue. How do we get to speak too someone? I cannot find this anywhere on the site.

7 REPLIES 7

alienor
Dialled in

We are constantly having the same problem and are getting very fed up with it. It seems impossible to find anyone to talk to about it also.

I think there might be three states of email issues here.?

1. Account is locked. Need to call Virgin to get it unlocked. At the same time, it seems the password needs to be changed.

2. Account is disabled. Need to call Virgin to get it enabled. No need for any password change.

3. Account is neither locked or disabled, but requires password change.? The sticky appears to work only for this case ?

Lucky me has gone through all three variations in the last two weeks. 🙂

He managed to get in yesterday after changing his password and the same thing has happened this morning. Judging by the number of similar messages on here Virgin have a big problem that they are not admitting to. Well they are going to lose customers. This is an appalling lack of customer care. They are dressing it up as being the customer's fault when it clearly is not given the numbers involved. It has nothing to do with lack of security on the customer side. We can't all keep changing our passwords every day. 

Totally agree with all those sentiments 😞

Hi there @alienor

Thank you so much for you post and I am so sorry to hear that your husband is facing this issue with his email! 

Can I ask if this only happens on a mobile device or other devices as well? 

Also has he conducted a virus scan on the device and when resetting the password is it changed to something completely new an unique? 

Thank you. 

It happens on both the mobile and the webmail. Yes he has done a virus scan and we have antivirus etc. on the PC. He is well aware of how to select a password. This is nothing to do with us or our systems. Virgin as usual have done something and failed to test it properly. It's obvious from the huge number of messages on this board. Thank you for your help however. 

I am really sorry alienor

Can I ask how long after changing the password, was access attempted?  

Regards

Lee_R