cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email bounce back

Charlotte31
Joining in

A couple of people have said that emails they have sent to me have bounced back to them. I don’t know why as I am receiving emails but then some don’t come through. Anyone any ideas why this is happening and how I can solve this? 

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What reason did the bounce back message give for not accepting the message?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

Please see picture for the message it said.

F0AB8892-73A6-447F-8547-E36AE39EAA72.jpeg

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the screenshot shows, Virgin Media are bouncing the messages because they believe it contains spam. Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist beyond that period post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team so the false positive detection can be corrected.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Charlotte31,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with the email, may I ask are you still facing the same issue at all?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Yes it seems to happening sporadically and on random emails. 

From

Charlotte 

Thanks for coming back to us @Charlotte31, are the senders using the same domain, or are there multiple different domains?

Have you possibly been able to ask the user to send to a different E-Mail address to see if this can be delivered? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn