cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email blocked or stopped

oldsteve
Joining in

For the last 2 years I have maintained 2 email accounts, one gmail and one virginmedia.   My broadband connection and Gmail continues to work OK, so the basic connections are unchanged. However, I have stopped getting emails via Virginmedia. I have had an email (to gmail) saying they were temporarily stopping virginmedia emails until I changed my password because of suspicious activity.  (I realise now that I have been getting loads of spam asking me to click some link, but did not see the messages until today because it was going, appropriately enough, to the spam folder).

So – I do not seem to be able to change the password on my main account. I keep a careful record of passwords and have not “forgotten”  the old one.  I can, however, logon on to a “secondary” account- my email account. However, if I try to send an email from inside the Virginmedia website, the “sender” appears as “Donald French <correctname@virginmedia.com>  “   I am not Donald French and have never heard of him.  

Any ideas?  Needless to say, the Virgin Help / bot is no use on this.  My guess is that the email account needs deleting, but if there are any Virgin staff looking at this, maybe they can sort it out? (It is impossible to make any sense of the “Help” on the website in relation to this problem).    As a minimum, Donald French (no doubt an innocent fellow customer) needs to be cleaned out of my email account  and a new main account password issued.    The Virgin reference on the security email was:  

VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F009531237

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @oldsteve

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the confusion regarding this. The system checks I've done are not bringing up anything so I will send a PM now to assist further. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill