cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email auto-forwarding ignoring some emails

brdevine
On our wavelength

I have had auto-forwarding of emails enabled for some time, which forwards "all" VM emails to my gmail account. What I have noticed is that some emails originating from particular senders e.g. Ali Express in particular, do not get auto forwarded. Such emails are not regarded as SPAM by either VM email of gmail. The emails I refer to are in my main inbox. I received an email from VM yesterday evening advising that my historic emails had been restored, but this email from VM itself did not get auto forwarded. I am able to manually forward emails, but this defeats the purpose as I cannot easily keep track of which emails have been auto forwarded and which have not.

Can anyone advise why auto-forwarding of emails is not being applied to all emails?

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By default Keep a copy of message is not selected on auto-forward and consequently  any messages remaining in your Inbox folder were not successfully forwarded.
2023-07-07.jpeg

Possible reasons for message not being auto-forwarded are: triggering of outgoing spam filter blocks send; temporary unavailability of send server.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks