cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email addresses live months after leaving

AndrewJHomer
Joining in

Hello. I had to leave Virgin 8 months ago as I moved to a rental property. I understood my email accounts would be deleted after 90 days. I can no longer access the accounts as expected but they are still receiving emails which are forwarded to my new email account. Can anyone tell me when, or if, these accounts will be deleted as I don't like having live email accounts that I no longer have access to. What if they get hacked? Surely data protection should have ensured the deletion of these accounts? Is there anyone I can email to get these accounts deleted? Any help very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndrewJHomer wrote:

Any help very much appreciated!

VirginMedia do seem to have  a habit of merely removing access to the online webmail account but not deleting the mailbox itself. That leads to the situation you are seeing with your old email accounts.

Thankfully, help is at hand in the shape of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum).

One of them will be contacting you via this thread in the next day or so to take your details by Private Message (PM). They will then arrange to complete the deletion of  these old accounts for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndrewJHomer wrote:

Any help very much appreciated!

VirginMedia do seem to have  a habit of merely removing access to the online webmail account but not deleting the mailbox itself. That leads to the situation you are seeing with your old email accounts.

Thankfully, help is at hand in the shape of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum).

One of them will be contacting you via this thread in the next day or so to take your details by Private Message (PM). They will then arrange to complete the deletion of  these old accounts for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Coenoby

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it! I will look out for the Forum Team message.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AndrewJHomer thanks for your post here in the community.

Please allow me to look into this via a PM for you, as I'll need to obtain some details to try and take this further for you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W