cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address status after service cancel?

Shadow1963
Just joined

Hi I am leaving virgin media but my email is the same one I got when I first signed up its a blueyonder one , I have been told that when my services get cancelled in 30 days so will my email is this right 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shadow1963 wrote:

Hi I am leaving virgin media but my email is the same one I got when I first signed up its a blueyonder one , I have been told that when my services get cancelled in 30 days so will my email is this right 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

You should get 90 days access to the email account once you cease to be a Virgin Media broadband customer.  VM webmail access may end sooner than 90 days so set up access via an email client such as Thunderbird just in case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shadow1963,

Spot on from @Graham_A

If you need anything further from us, or have any questions, you're more than welcome to come back to us 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@Shadow1963 the advise from @Graham_A is perfectly correct but I would like to add that VM is not exactly perfectly vigilant in making sure that the old email accounts are properly deleted after 90 days or so! There are many threads on this forum where users have reported that they haven’t been a VM customer for years and have carried on using their email accounts and only notice an issue when it abruptly disappears without warning taking all of their messages with it. 

So it is perfectly possible that you’ll find that the email mailbox carries on working well past the 90 days but you have to work on the basis that it will vanish at any point and don’t be tempted to continue using it on the basis that VM have ‘forgotten’ about it and I’m going to have free email for ever!

I would assume that it is going to vanish, make sure that anyone who uses it knows about your new address and just delete it from any device you have and work on the basis that it no longer exists. If is does linger on and become hacked or hijacked at some point in the future, then that shouldn’t be an issue for you.