cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email accounts

Alanb37
Tuning in

How much do people pay per month to have just an email account with Virgin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin media do not offer email only accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin media do not offer email only accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve asked the question because every month I’m paying between average £55 to £125 whilst all I have with virgin is an email address. It is, of course, very useful to me as it’s the focus of all contacts, etc.
so I’ve found it quite challenging to change to something different.
I used to have an account for broadband and TV with Virgin in a house I lived in in Wallasey, UK but this was cancelled via phone calls when I moved somewhere different 10 years ago.
When virgin have been contacted to be reminded that I have no account with them they consistently say they’ve no record of any contacts and say I’m still in receipt of broadband services as it states on each bill. Naturally, I would like to keep my email address and don’t mind paying Virgin for this service but I think I’m being charged too much, hence my original question.
Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Alanb37,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

As Graham_A has advised we don't offer email only accounts. To have an email address with ourselves you would need to have an active Virgin Media Broadband account. 

I do wish to confirm, are you saying that you have an active Virgin Media Broadband account at an address that you don't live in?

^Martin

@Alanb37 I have to say that most likely explanation was that your original account was never actually cancelled. You may have been paying for someone else's broadband and TV access for the past ten years! The fact that the cost seems to vary each month might well be that you are funding for any pay per view programs they have ordered as well.

But yes, as advised above, to keep your VM email account, you absolutely have to have a VM broadband account (or possibly, in your case, be paying for someone else's access). Once you cancel this account then the email address, mailbox and all the mail within in will (or at least should) be deleted some 90 days later.

And i thought i had problems when i was advised my VM Mobile number was associated with someone else account!!

Then again, if anyone wants to pay my broadband account i will gladly use one of the ten mailboxes i have for that kind person paying my bills 🙂

Thanks for your reply,

No I haven’t an account with them currently. Where I lived 10 plus years ago we had broadband and tv. When I moved virgin were informed that we no longer needed either. The email address came with their package. I’ve stupidly not pursued this issue as the email address is such a pain to amend, change or alter and I thought there was a payment attached to having it.

It will have to be sorted out because I cannot afford to pay that much each month anymore but it’s almost impossible to make any sense of Virgin and how the issue might be pursued. I suppose the first thing would be to arrange for a competent IT person to sort me with a new email address and go from there. But how? Anyone any experience of recovering monies from Virgin?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst waiting for Virgin Media to respond do discuss the matter with Citizens Advice to better understand what consumer rights you have and, should the need arise, how to exercise them.

As a matter of urgency find an alternative email provider and reduce your dependency on the Virgin Media email address ASAP. If you need advice concerning possible strategies to achieve this then do create a new thread to ask for help.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you.

I will pursue the changing of my email address though it fills me with dread! It has to be done.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Alanb37, thanks for your patience so far.

I'm going to need to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details relevant to where you previously had Virgin Media, to get this looked into.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W