cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email accounts locked

tombaston
Tuning in

There are two problems with the Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to access email account, malware letter posting

The email from you described in the posting and titled [IMPORTANT] Virgin Media Alert: Your device may have a malware infection is blocked by your own spam filters, so neither of us saw it.

Secondly, a big part of the problem still only allows passwords  with a maximum length of 10 alphanumeric with no special characters. This weak a password has not been secure this century and I suspect you are not meeting your legal obligations with regard to your customers' data. Please improve this restriction as soon as possible to allow us to use secure passwords.

3 REPLIES 3

tombaston
Tuning in

...a big part of the problem is that your accounts are still only allowed passwords  with a maximum length of 10 alphanumeric...

Hi @tombaston,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for sharing your feedback, I will pass this on.

We do take account security seriously and have some tips here on how to create a strong password.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Ayisha. Unfortunately the strong password tips are useless when the maximum length is ten characters. I know Virgin media has a lot of legacy email addresses (mine is ntlworld.com), but so have other ISPs and they have managed to migrate the legacy databases to allow longer passwords.

I have several virginmedia.com addresses as well and they are still limited to 10 characters too.