cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email accounts closure

TobyRoberts
Joining in

Hi Team,

I left VM about 6 months ago and understood that the blueyonder email accounts would be closed after 100 days. I have become aware that this has not happened but can no longer log in to my VM account to do anything about it. Why is this the case and is there any way to force the permanent closure of these email addresses?

Thanks Toby

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TobyRoberts wrote:

Why is this the case and is there any way to force the permanent closure of these email addresses?

It seems that in some cases the email account closure / deletion process is not completed. The effect is that you cannot access the webmail account but the mailbox can still receive emails which is presumable what you are seeing. ☹️

Have you tried to access the email account directly from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ? If you cannot access it from there the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange to get it fully deleted for you.

One of the team will contact you via this forum in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @TobyRoberts,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

We further thank you for your inquiry about your email account closure. Have you been able to access your email as mentioned by @coenoby? Have you also tried logging in via alternative web clients such as outlook and yahoo?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

I can't access the email via the VM portal as mentioned by @coenoby. The VM portal does not recognise the account name/password. I am currently able to access the account via Mail. As far as I can see it is not feasible to close the account to stop it receiving emails via Mail. 

Regards Toby

Hi TobyRoberts

I am more than happy to take a look at getting this email delated for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello Toby

Thanks for those details 

I have requested for your email to be deleted

It can take 7-10 days, usually a lot quicker than that though 

As soon as I have confirmation, I will pop back on here and let you know 

Gareth_L

Many thanks, Toby

No problem, please do let us know if you have any issues after this time frame and we will look back into this.

Thanks again.