cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email accounts closure

Sqoosie
Tuning in

I left Virgin in March 2021 after moving to a non Virgin area. I was told our various Virgin/ntlworld email addresses would be closed in 100 days and consequently we transferred all our accounts to other providers.
However, nearly 9 months later, the Virgin accounts are still open.  Periodically we do access these and delete the emails but it's an ongoing frustration.  I did try to log in to my old Virginmedia account but that no longer works.  We would like the email accounts closed permanently. How do we do this please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Sqoosie

Hope you are okay 

I came into work today with a message advising the Email Accounts have now been deleted 

I checked the first one and it has

So I just wanted to let you know its all sorted now 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sqoosie wrote:

I left Virgin in March 2021 ............... We would like the email accounts closed permanently. How do we do this please.

Just wait for one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) to pick up on this thread in the next day or so.

They will contact you via the forum and take your details securely via the forum's Private Message (PM) facility.

They can arrange to get the accounts deleted for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Sqoosie,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with your Email.

We did notice that some email accounts were still active after the 90 days that it should of been deactivated, which meant the system would of then deleted the email if it was not on an active account with us.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

We have 6 family email accounts under my old Virgin Media account. Several are still receiving new emails and I’d like to be able to liaise with someone to identify all accounts and arrange for them to be deleted/closed permanently please 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sqoosie

Thanks for letting us know the accounts are still active 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Sqoosie

Thankyou for those details 

I have requested for the emails to be deleted 

It can take a maximum of around 10 days 

However it is always quicker then that 

As soon as I get a reply back I will let you know 

Gareth_L

Hello Sqoosie

Hope you are okay 

I came into work today with a message advising the Email Accounts have now been deleted 

I checked the first one and it has

So I just wanted to let you know its all sorted now 

Gareth_L

Many thanks Gareth