cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account

Abel1
Joining in

Hi,

I have received a notification on my phone that states correct credentials needed. I haven't done anything but I cannot access my emails on my laptop. I can sign into my virgin media account but when I try and log into mail it says that "your account is not available" has virgin locked my account for security or have I been hacked.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most likely is that it has been locked.

Try following the instructions set out in the "your account has been locked" message.

Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password to one you haven't used before. Then try again to access the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most likely is that it has been locked.

Try following the instructions set out in the "your account has been locked" message.

Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password to one you haven't used before. Then try again to access the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Abel1, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you've experienced with your E-Mail account.

I understand you've been able to speak to our team in relation to the matter, can you please confirm and provide an update for us?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

Yes I managed to get through to someone after trying to reset my password but my answer to my memorable word was not accepted. Apparently this is an issue at virgins end not my end. She was very helpful and got me back into my emails. On a plus I only had to wait 15 mins on the phone.👍👍👍

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Abel1

Thank you for your reply

Great to hear you have managed to sort this! I hope you have a great day 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs