cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account stopped working - old credentials

Rod7
Joining in

Please help, back in Oct 21 my email stopped working, could see old emails and folder but could not send or receive any - once virgin investigated the problem was it was an orphan account, they resolved by attaching it to my account (i have two email addresses in this account a @virginmedia.com and a @blueyonder.co.uk) - my virgin one is still working the blueyonder one has stopped working again - i called virgin yesterday, they kept me on hold for over and hour then cut me off - the problem has not been resolved.

i have returns that need to be made but the instructions have been sent to blueyonder, therefore important i get this back up and running asap before the return time passes and I cannot get my goods returned and refunded.

no idea why the access has been lost again when i was told both emails are attached to my account.

please help,

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rod7 wrote:

1)  (i have two email addresses in this account a @virginmedia.com and a @blueyonder.co.uk) - my virgin one is still working the blueyonder one has stopped working again

2) no idea why the access has been lost again when i was told both emails are attached to my account.

Regarding 1) - What error message do you get when you try to sign in to your blueyonder email account directly on the Virgin Media website here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

If you get the "Your mailbox is not available............" error message you should try following the advice that VM  have given here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...  You will need to follow all the advice but that may well get things up and running again. If you have problems resetting the password using those instructions you could try using this link https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password . Enter your blueyonder address as the username and follow the prompts.

Regarding 2)  For what it's worth, my experience has always been that VM cannot simply attach an old email account to another Broadband account. They do have a process known as "Move and Transfer" but that involves replacing all the existing email addresses on the current Broadband account with the email address that is being moved over. That would suggest that the advice you were given was not entirely truthful.

You can check whether your blueyonder account has actually been attached to your broadband account:

Sign into you "My Virgin Media account" from herehttps://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

Click on "Account settings" then "Account Details" and then on the "Manage Accounts" tab

If your Blueyonder account is listed there it means it has been attached. If it's not there it strongly suggests that it was not attached.

My worry would be that the blueyonder account was simply reopened but was left as an orphan account but I really hope I am wrong.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon Rod7, 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having email troubles again. 

Would you possibly be able to answer the questions listed above by coenoby? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

thanks for the replies and guidance.

I have always used my phone to log into blueyonder account, have never accessed it through myvirginmedia.

Cannot see it attached to my account when i go into myvirginmedia

error message is old credentials, sign into email account - enter password (doesnt accept the password i thought it was).

thanks

Hi Rod7

Thanks for coming back to us. 

You wouldn't be able to add an email to an existing account that already has an email on it and keep the existing email there as well. It would delete the existing one. 

I would advise doing the following; 

Run a malware scan on all your devices, then change the email password to something new, unique never used before. Leave it thirty minutes before retrying the mailbox.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill