cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account not opening on PC but does on phone

Dawn2509
On our wavelength

My Virgin email account on my desktop PC has been producing the message 'Connection error The service is not available right now. Retry Rev65' all weekend. It opens fine on my phone with updated emails throughout the weekend! I've re-started my PC and it hasn't helped. I have had a Virgin email account for many years and haven't had this problem before. Out of interest, I've just opened my old Thunderbird account, and that has downloaded all emails, including those from this week-end. Any suggestions, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dawn2509
On our wavelength

Why didn't I try clearing cookies? Maybe I thought I'd lose everything, but you're right, email has returned! Thank you 🙂

Dawn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That error message shows all the indications of a corrupt cookie in the browser that you are using on the PC.  If you delete all cookies relating to Virgin media mail you should find the issue resolves.   Using a different browser or opening an Incognito/ private browser window should also allow you access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dawn2509
On our wavelength

Why didn't I try clearing cookies? Maybe I thought I'd lose everything, but you're right, email has returned! Thank you 🙂

Dawn

Excellent work from @Graham_A once again.

Pleased to hear this has now been resolved for you @Dawn2509

Kindest regards,

David_Bn