cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account not found... Help!

dchandler1976
Joining in

Hi,

My ntlworld email account (secondary account) has stopped working this morning. This seems to happen quite often but usually it says your account is not available, this time it says its not found which is worrying!

I have received some emails saying that I had requested the account to be deleted, I haven't and the sender looked like a standard Gmail account so I assumed it was phising. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get the account back.

The account is used daily for work so will be a huge issue if its gone!

Thanks in advance for your help...

Dan

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Phishing attempt coincided with issue occur, forward to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it. FYI: checkout posts by  Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

If applicable follow the advice here, Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to access email account, malware letter

Does the email address appear under My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage accounts?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks