cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account locked

SueV1
Joining in

My email account is locked and I am unable to change the password using the security question as nothing happens when I input the answer even though I have used this answer in the past and know it is correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SueV1 wrote:

My email account is locked and I am unable to change the password using the security question

Have you tried changing the password by signing in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the affected email address and existing password?  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address without having to answer any security questions.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then "Account details". Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SueV1 wrote:

My email account is locked and I am unable to change the password using the security question

Have you tried changing the password by signing in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the affected email address and existing password?  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address without having to answer any security questions.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then "Account details". Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Yes, thanks, I have but it just redirects to the main Virgin Media login page.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SueV1 wrote:

it just redirects to the main Virgin Media login page.

Correct - That's the one you want.

Enter the affected email address and its existing password.

That will take you to the My Virgin Media account for that email address.

Then, as I posted earlier navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then "Account details". Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password for that email account.

That is the route VM now direct you to use if you have to reset the password on a primary or a secondary email account.

I hope that is clearer, even if it does not seems confusing. 😊

Coenoby

Hi, thank you so much! I probably didn't read your post carefully enough!

I did what you said and changed the password and security question/answer there but still couldn't access my email. I then went through the forgotten password route with the new security question. All good until it came to inputting a new password. All attempts failed as it kept saying that I needed to use a different password. I looked at other forums and found that others had had the same issue.

Someone had posted about trying through the VM app as well so I downloaded that on my ipad. I was already logged in on my browser so it went straight into my Virgin Media a/c and I changed the password again.

This time when I tried to open my emails it worked!! I was amazed and very grateful to you! Hopefully this will also help someone else who is having problems.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SueV1 wrote:

This time when I tried to open my emails it worked!! I was amazed and very grateful to you! Hopefully this will also help someone else who is having problems.

I am pleased that you managed to sort it out. That's great.

VM don't make it easy that's for sure. 😊

Coenoby