cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account locked

SuzyRSopham
On our wavelength

My email account became locked on Monday.

I had received some dubious emails which I had marked as Spam and deleted.

I can log into Virgin Media webmail and see my incoming emails.  However, I can't send emails.  I just get an error message saying my account is locked.  This is the same on PC, Outlook, Webmail, phone and iPad.

I usually use Outlook, which is totally inoperable as it just keeps asking for my password.  This has been put in, but it still keeps asking.  It makes the whole PC unusable as it asks every few seconds and pops up in front of whatever you have open at the time.

I have spoken to VM by WhatsApp and phone and they want me to pay £60 to unlock an account THEY locked!  Through them, the password has been changed a number of times but this does not solve the issue.  It is something their end that needs to be unlocked.

I understand why they might lock it if there have been a flurry of spam emails (shouldn't they stop those anyway?), but why would they charge me to unlock it.

Four different virus scans show my PC is clean, they just need to unlock my mail account.

I have now been 4 days unable to send emails.  I am losing work because of this and need it sorted out ASAP.

Any useful advice please?

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

Hello SuzyRSopham

Just a quick message to see how things have been since your last post on Friday 

If you can let me know asap I can look at what we need to do next 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

No change (checked a few minutes ago) and getting the same message.

Assume VM IT teams go home at the weekend as I've had no contact.

Thank you

Still no contact from anyone at Virgin 🙄

it’s been a week now and I’ve had next to no help at all 😕

This issue is showing as answered when it is very much not.

Can someone tell me who to call to chase up the ticket?  Last time I called the regular number for that was when someone tried to get £60 from me for something that was never going to work!

Thank you

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SuzyRSopham wrote:

This issue is showing as answered when it is very much not.

Sadly, the way the forum works is that if you mark a post as "Helpful", as you did to my original post, it assumes the issue has been answered. The Forum Team and VIP members understand that quirk and don't take a lot of notice of the "Answered" status so it does not  affect the way your posts are dealt with.

However, you can go back to that post and click on "Post Options" at the top and that gives you an option to rescind that Helpful answer flag.  If you wish you could give that post Kudos instead.😉

"Last time I called the regular number for that was when someone tried to get £60 from me for something that was never going to work!"

There is just the regular number to call but if you quote that ticket number to the agent they will know it is a VM issue so there is no need to involve the third party IT support company. The agent should also be able to give you an update on progress with that ticket.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you again @coenoby. 

No-one from VM has looked at this on here for some time now. I saw someone else with what looks like the same problem had one of the VM team PM them to deal with it. 

How do I get them to come back to this thread?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the delay in response here. 

Upon checking our systems I can see you was able to speak with the team about this - what did they advise on the situation? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SuzyRSopham wrote:

How do I get them to come back to this thread?

I have just escalated this to the Forum Team so they should get back to you, (hopefully later today but I cannot promise.)

Edited to add, Wow I see @Ryan_N is there already, great work Ryan 👍

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@coenoby - they don't call me Flash for nothing my friend! 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan N

They did indeed phone me yesterday.

Apart from keeping me on hold for a long time and changing the password yet again - they had nothing to offer.

They did assure me that they would call me again yesterday, but didn't.  We are therefore, no further on from the first day whatsoever.

Thank you