cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account locked ....

Cire
On our wavelength

I have several email boxes and two days ago one of them wouldn't update via Outlook.  Checked my email account on the Virgin webpage and discovered in the SPAM box, an email from Virgin saying that email address was locked due to malware etc.  Obviously, I never received this alert due to Virgin putting their own email into the spam box.

I've tried to follow the instructions on their help email here.  I've run a full virus scan - ALL CLEAR - and then clicked on their link to change my password.  It just gave me a partially filled page with lots of blank spaces - and I could do nothing.  I logged out and back in, and it took me straight to my account page - but now showing the locked email address as apparently being my main contact address!

I just can't fathom out what I'm supposed to do, because I cannot find the page that lists all my email addresses.  To be honest, whatever changes they've made to their webpage hasn't improved my experience - I've now wasted nearly an hour trying to find the relevant page to change my password for the affected mailbox.  I'm obviously so confused now, that I bet I'm overlooking the obvious.  Please can someone guide me?

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cire  If you log into your My Virgin Media account via a desktop computer you should be able to follow the steps set out here Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847 to access the My Profile and/or Manage accounts tabs to change passwords.

If using a mobile device i believe that you now have to click on a box titled 'Account details' first before getting to the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cire  If you log into your My Virgin Media account via a desktop computer you should be able to follow the steps set out here Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847 to access the My Profile and/or Manage accounts tabs to change passwords.

If using a mobile device i believe that you now have to click on a box titled 'Account details' first before getting to the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cire
On our wavelength

Hi Graham, many thanks for your assistance.  I had been following the links from the VirginTeam post, but for some reason the 'change' button remained static.  I tried your link to their post and after a couple of tries, the change password button activated.  So assuming there is something wrong with their website not loading fully etc.

I couldn't access the Manage accounts tab because this email address is a secondary one - and not my main account one, and of course the webpage kept throwing me back to the profile for this secondary email address.  All very confusing.  However, good news is I've now got access to the affected email address, and the website now allows me access to the main account.  So again, thank you, as I was dreading having to talk to their overseas customer help line.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear that you have managed to resolve this @Cire

If we are able to assist you further, then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M