cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account has disappeared

Lunartick
Tuning in

One of my email accounts has stopped delivering messages. Now the email account is no longer showing on the 'Manage Accounts' page of my profile. 

17 REPLIES 17

It is now Wednesday the 10 November and my email address has still not been restored. This is causing intolerable hardship and should have been fixed by now.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Lunartick

Thank you for coming back to us,  I am really sorry that this is yet to be resolved.  As the SLA for the IT team has surpassed, I have escalated this to the management team in the hope we can get this sorted for you ASAP. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

31 days since my initial post, is it likely that anything will be done to reinstate my lost email address. However, perhaps a more pertinent question would be, does VirginMedia even care that they have lost a very important email address that has resulted in hours of work setting up new accounts to ensure important messages are not missed?

Same timeframe with my email issue; told its an LDAP issue, no closer to a resolution, and no one can seem to fix it 😞

@Lunartick wrote:

Snip…

However, perhaps a more pertinent question would be, does VirginMedia even care that they have lost a very important email address that has resulted in hours of work setting up new accounts to ensure important messages are not missed?

why no, no they don’t, and the reason is that they are a multi, multi billion pound company and the value of your email address is? What? So as far as they are concerned, do one!! Who are you again?

Realistically, the likelihood of your email address being reinstated now is about zero, so learn from it and never, ever rely on an ISP related email address.

Was the issue you posted about in December 2020 here:- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Change-email-password/m-p/4521588 resolved at that time and this is a new, more recent problem? Is it the same email address, or a different one?

I'm only asking because you mention the same symptoms in both your threads:-
18/12/2020 "I need to change my email password but my email address is not showing on my profile."
22/10/2021 "One of my email accounts has stopped delivering messages. Now the email account is no longer showing on the 'Manage Accounts' page of my profile."

If your first issue in 2020 was not resolved at the time it may have a direct bearing on your issue now, as it's likely your email account has now been deleted as being "orphaned". If your email account was deleted some time in early 2021 it's highly unlikely to be recoverable now.

If it's a new, more recent issue you may have a slight chance of getting it recovered., but I think it unlikely.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Technical support just phoned, my email address has been deleted and cannot be restored.
Thanks Virgin.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Lunartick.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with this, if it has been deleted we are unable to fix this.

I understand this is not ideal.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide