cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account has disappeared

Lunartick
Tuning in

One of my email accounts has stopped delivering messages. Now the email account is no longer showing on the 'Manage Accounts' page of my profile. 

17 REPLIES 17

Lunartick
Tuning in

Where has it gone?

Why has it gone?

My main email account has stopped sending and delivering messages. I am unable to access the account because it has disappeared from the 'Manage Accounts' page of my profile. This account is in daily use, how do I get it back on to the ‘Manage Accounts’ page?

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lunartick,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear of any confusion regarding your email accounts.

So I can take a closer look at this I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Dear Alex

It's been 24 hours since I provided the information you requested and I've had no reply.
It's also been 4 days since my very important email address disappeared and became unusable.

I have already had to assign temporary third party email address to several important organisations in order that I don't miss important messages, I do hope this does not become necessary with any more.

What a sorry organisation Virgin has become, my account has been down for over a week and I have had to take a third party email address and change dozens of login details in order to see important messages.

It's not even possible to delete an unused email address, instead all that comes up is the same message: if this part of the site is not working why don't they fix it?

Oops, something's broken.
We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

I have been with Virgin/NTL for over 20 years, methinks it's time for a change.

@Lunartick 

A couple of things; firstly the broken website page can sometimes (not always) be down to corrupt cookies in your browser, so try accessing it in ‘incognito’ mode or whatever it is called in your browser of choice, or alternatively another browser entirely.

Secondly, you originally said that the email address was no longer listed in the ‘manage accounts’ section on the my.virginmedia.com portal. Are you absolutely sure that it ever was listed there? It is easy to assume that it was because it all seemed to work but I fear that it may never have been properly associated and in which case it is orphaned and prone to deletion without warning.

John

I'm guessing it must have been there at some point because I added to my account from there.

Do please to continue to liaise with @Alex_RM and they'll do all they can to have this resolved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I haven't stopped liaising with  @Alex_RM It appears he has stopped communicating with me. He said he'd referred my situation to IT and that was the last message. The situation is still not resolved. It was suggested by another member that my account may never have been in the Manage Accounts section. I can only say that the Manage Accounts section is the only place people can add additional accounts so it must have been there to start with. What happens to the email account after that is not within my power and if as has been suggested the account was orphaned that could only have been done by virgin.

Hi Lunartick,

Thank you for coming back to us, I can see Alex did raise a I T ticket, once they come back to her she will update you, it can take up to 10 Days as this was raise on 27/10/21 please give it until Monday 08/11/21 if you haven't heard anything?

Regards

Paul.