cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account hacked

Ward48
Joining in

My husbands ntlworld email account was hacked yesterday.  I had to endure 2 nightmarish phone calls to Virgin and the situation was left unresolved.  We are pensioners and this whole business has left us very upset.  We dont know where to go next as I cant bear the thought of another phone call to Virgin.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In order for the community to help please expand on what makes you feel that email address concerned has been hacked and what the ongoing effects are.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I unfortunately clicked on an email from Virgin re Ntlworld email addresses (which of course it wasn't )and within half an hour we were receiving phone calls and texts from quite a few of our contacts(both business and private) asking whether we were aware that our email account had been hacked as they had all received emails requesting that they buy a £50 gift card for a child whose mother had died from covid.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team should respond shortly.  In the meantime please follow all the steps set out in this help page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/security/why-is-my-virgin-media-email-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ward48, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

As @Graham_A has suggested, can you kindly follow the steps he has highlighted in the link provided above?

Please let us know if you need any further help following this.

Many thanks

Tom_W