cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account 'disabled'

Julie35
Joining in

My @virginmedia.com email address has been 'disabled'. The main account is a blueyonder email address with my email under it. I was viewing my virginmedia emails through Outlook and they stopped coming in there, but were still coming in on my phone so I checked in VirginMedia webmail and saw my email has been disabled. The email address has a triangle after it with an exclamation mark, when you hover over this it says the account is disabled, not option to choose to undisable it.  

I was advised when I spoke to someone to try changing my password, but this didn't help at all and in fact it then meant that my emails stopped coming in on my phone, so I now have no access to them whatsoever. 

I've searched and seen that other people have had this issue, but can't see an answer that suits my situations, please can someone help? 

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As well as changing the password you also need to update it in webmail and on the phone. For the former try the following:

• sign into webmail
  • select ⚙ > Accounts > Edit (located adjacent to email account showing the warning)
  • update the Password field under Incoming server
  • make sure Authentication is set to As incoming e-mail server under Outgoing server
  • select Save

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks so much for coming back to me. I've just had a chance to read your message.

I have managed to get into Accounts, Edit, I've updated the password to the temporary password that one of the people on the webchat told me to use in the Incoming server.

When I pressed save this message came up.

Warnings
Validation of server imap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials
Ignore Warnings OR Cancel

What should I do at this point. Thanks so much for your time.

Hi Julie35

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry for the email issue. 

Is the email in question an email on an active cable account?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes, we have an active Virgin Media account, with Broadband, TV and Phone. We have 2 email addresses on this account the 'master' and mine. The master is working, but is not one we use, we receive emails on it but don't send. My account is the one that is disabled.

Hi Julie35 👋 Thank you for your query and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In order to help you further with this, I will send you a private message. Look out for the purple envelope in the top-right hand corner.

Thanks you for your support @用心棒.

Regards,

Daniel