cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Unavailable - reset password doesn't help

MBBBear
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've been having a similar issue that has affected a few users on this forum it seems.

Basically, my mail blueyonder account has stopped working - on my various devices, they keep asking me for the password which has remained unchanged. Upon the advice of the call centre support staff, I have reset the password via My Profile a number of times but when I click on the email tab at the top of the page, my mailbox is still unavailable. The call centre staff advised me to wait 24 hours but I'm doubtful it'd make a difference as I reset my password a number of times since yesterday.

This is only happening to one of my mailboxes as my secondary mailbox works perfectly fine.

My suspicion is that someone tried to hack my account by attempting various passwords (unmatching) and the account got locked out subsequently.

My main mailbox has been out of action since the weekend so I'd really appreciate some urgent support on this. 

Many thanks

MBBBear

4 REPLIES 4

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @MBBBear,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post! I'm really sorry you're unable to access your mailbox at the moment.

I'd like to take a look and try and get this resolved for you. I'll just send you a private message so that I can confirm your account details, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @MBBBear,

Thanks for chatting with me via private message - I'm very glad we've been able to unlock this for you.

If there's anything we can do in the future, please don't hesitate to drop back to the forums!

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

MBBBear
On our wavelength

Hi Molly, The same issue has happened again with my outgoing smtp server - I’m just wondering if you can check what you can see on your side. I’m happy to delete the account from my iPhone and start again but I just feel it shouldn’t be doing this (unable to send email due to password issues with the smtp server) regularly.

many thanks

Keith

Thanks for coming back to us @MBBBear.

I have looked into your account and cannot find any issues from our side, please could you try deleting the server details and re-adding them?

Regards,

Steven_L