cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Sync Issue

Treaddie
Dialled in

Hi, I am having a problem with Virgin Media mail syncing with Outlook 365 mail. With the one account I am only getting a selection of my emails & cannot explain why, with the other account when I checked the online settings it had been disabled, again I do not know why. I have since enabled the account but again I am only getting some of my mail from the server. Online my 1st account is displaying all emails received as it should but the other account is only showing a few messages.

I don't have a clue what to do about this but saw something online which involved running a command in windows 10 and after doing so, this is what I got. Hopefully someone will understand what it all means.

Thanks in advance 

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1165]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>curl -v -url "smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com" --user [REMOVED]
Enter host password for user [REMOVED]
* Rebuilt URL to: smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com/
* Trying [REMOVED]...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to smtp.virginmedia.com ([REMOVED]) port 465 (#0)
* schannel: SSL/TLS connection with smtp.virginmedia.com port 465 (step 1/3)
* schannel: checking server certificate revocation
* schannel: sending initial handshake data: sending 191 bytes...
* schannel: sent initial handshake data: sent 191 bytes
* schannel: SSL/TLS connection with smtp.virginmedia.com port 465 (step 2/3)
* schannel: failed to receive handshake, need more data
* schannel: encrypted data got 2431
* schannel: encrypted data buffer: offset 2431 length 4096
* schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.
* Closing connection 0
* schannel: shutting down SSL/TLS connection with smtp.virginmedia.com port 465
* schannel: clear security context handle
curl: (35) schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.

C:\Windows\system32>

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1165]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>curl -v -url "smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com" --user [REMOVED]
Enter host password for user [REMOVED]
* Rebuilt URL to: smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com/
* Trying [REMOVED]
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to smtp.virginmedia.com ([REMOVED]) port 465 (#0)
* schannel: SSL/TLS connection with smtp.virginmedia.com port 465 (step 1/3)
* schannel: checking server certificate revocation
* schannel: sending initial handshake data: sending 191 bytes...
* schannel: sent initial handshake data: sent 191 bytes
* schannel: failed to receive handshake, need more data
* schannel: encrypted data got 2431
* schannel: encrypted data buffer: offset 2431 length 4096
* schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.
* Closing connection 0
* schannel: shutting down SSL/TLS connection with smtp.virginmedia.com port 465
* schannel: clear security context handle
curl: (35) schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.

C:\Windows\system32>

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

16 REPLIES 16

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Treaddie wrote:

Hi, I took your advice about using another network, so I loaded my email account onto outlook on my phone whilst at work, and everything works fine. I can download my emails & send & receive, weird. but my outlook on my PC & laptop are still the same.

Best regards.

You'd need to try your laptop on another network.

Outlook for Android and iOS doesn't quite work in the same way as Outlook on Windows or Mac.  Rather than contact the server directly the, the android clients connect to a server run by Microsoft and it's that server that connects to VM's inbound and outbound mail servers.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ok, thanks for that I'll keep trying....

Best regards

Hi @Treaddie,

Be sure to keep us posted on this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Good news, I got kind of fed up with what was happening, so I deleted both my Blueyonder email accounts from outlook then reinstalled them both & I am pleased to report that everything is working fine. Wish I knew what the gremlins were.

Best regards.

Thanks for your reply and update, Treaddie, Glad to hear it's working now. ^CC

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read issue resolved itself but with reasonable certainty it can be conclude that deletion and recreation of email accounts in Outlook would not have resolved  certificate revocation issue.

I totally agree, it's just one of those strange things that I can't begin to explain.

Best regards